Monday 11 June 2012

So, its seems to me that you have lost your job.......





This all happened about three weeks ago. One minute my job was there, I clearly remember having it. Then to my surprise it was gone. Once I realised it was gone, I will admit that I panicked. I started breathing to the point of hyperventilating, small beads of sweat appeared, the shakes ramped up. I started looking for it, searching everywhere I could. I did all the recommended techniques retraced my steps, looked in places I remember having it, asking around. I thought, what has happened? Maybe it was stolen....

... I mulled it over. Yes, its stolen. Should I report it? I wouldn't normally report something. Then I thought, well I wouldn't report a missing book or tape cassette, but I would my credit card or phone. A job is more important than that right? Yes.... yes it is. So, I went straight to my local police establishment.

Ding... bell rings as I entered. I go to the front desk.

Me: "Good Afternoon Officer, I want to report something stolen."
Officer: "Sure thing, what has been stolen?"
Me: "My job"
Officer: "Right... We have a form for that... I'll step you though it"

Officer: "Ok, when was the last time you saw your job?"
Me: "Approx 16:30 Friday 19th May"
"We are not the miltary, you can use normal time"
"Oh, ok, 4:30, yesterday"

"Would you consider this job 'valuable'?"
"Well, to me. I enjoyed it, it helped me with buying things. I am not sure how others would find it valuable."
"Well, could other people sell it?"
I thought about it "No, I dont think so, its more sentimental"
"Thats fine, this happens a lot"

The officer continued. "Next question, do you have any enemies, people who would want to steal your job?"
"No, I don't think so" I was shocked at the question. I am not Tony Soprano, Alan Stanford or Ben Cousins.

He put the pen down and sighed.

"Look matey. Someone stealing a sentimental job from someone they don't know or hate is kinda of rare. I wouldn't consider it stolen."

"Oh" I had little else to say. He continued.

"So, its seems to me that you have lost your job......"


Yes, yes. I have lost my job. Its more embarrassing that anything. Writing about it kinda helps I think. But, after three weeks and a full time occupation of Diablo 3 (Lvl 60 Which Doctor, finshed Normal, Nightmare and Hell) I feel ok. I thought I would feel like this:


 But, I think I feel more like this:



What will happen when I run out of money? What happens when I can't get a job? Who knows. In the mean time I want to blog and do some other stuff.